Did you know that one in three forklift-related injuries occur when an operator gets on or off a forklift?
To eliminate or reduce potential risks associated with getting on and off forklifts consider the following risk controls:
- Purchase or retro-fit forklifts with good footing, anti-slip surfaces and grab handles
- Ensure operators maintain three points of contact at all times when getting on and off forklifts
- Make sure the seat and cabin are maintained in good condition
- Make sure operating and parking areas are free of uneven surfaces and obstructions
- Train operators not to jump off forklifts